Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Event 2: Griffith Observatory

         I have visited the Griffith Observatory once when I was younger, but going back and looking around now, it is astonishing to see all the scientific innovations we have created. When I was younger, it was interesting to see all the stars and exhibits, but now that I have a further understanding, I can fully acknowledge and appreciate the collaboration needed in order to create an exhibit such as these. 
        One of my favorite exhibits in the observatory is the Samuel Oschin Planetarium. This exhibit has a significant amount of scientific innovations such as the Star Projector, the Laser Projection System and the Dome. These inventions display the collaboration of creativity in order to innovate diagrams that reinvent such enormous concepts for all humans to break down and understand certain aspects of life more easily and more in depth. Another exhibit that is fascinating to me is the Gunther Depth of Space. In this exhibit, you are now able to see through computers what you would see when looking through a telescope looking into space. What you were once not able to see with your naked eye, you are now able to see and learn about more in depth through the combination of the arts and scientific aspects. 
       This exhibit contains a statue of Albert Einstein, a theoretical physicist well known for his discovery of the theory of relativity. I chose to take a picture by this statue because I find Albert Einsteins recognition very important to the scientific world. He was able to start something that lead into the making of the organization and observatory. The Griffith Observatory is a great example to represent how art and science evolved together.
My picture with the statue of Albert Einstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment